Property and Evidence has the responsibility of receiving, documenting, storing and maintaining the integrity and security of all items of property and evidence submitted by the Apex Police Department. In addition to receiving and maintaining control of these items, Property and Evidence staff has the responsibility of monitoring and arranging disposition of each item as soon as possible. Once they are sorted, items are:
- Converted to department use
- Donated to local charities
- Released to the lawful owner
- Scheduled for destruction
- Sold to the general public through an online auction company
Evidence and property can be picked up Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointments are strongly encouraged and can be made after 5 p.m.
What to Bring
If you are picking up property or evidence you must bring with you a valid driver’s license or state identification card.
Firearms will not be released to any person if any of the following is applicable:
- A Minor under the age of 21
- Any Felony Conviction
- Probation restrictions prohibiting the possession of firearms
- Restraining orders prohibiting possession of firearms
Firearms cannot be returned same day and may take up to 10 days to be returned. We will contact you when your item is ready to be picked up. If you are requesting the return of a firearm please complete and bring with you or email these forms. to email@example.com..