Drop of Unwanted and Unused Prescription Medication Anytime
The Apex Police Department now has a permanent medicine drop box. No need for an event, drop off your prescription medicine any time.
You can drop off your prescription medication at the police department and leave it in our secured drop box. The drop box is located in the lobby of the Apex Police Department Headquarters, located at 205 Saunders Street.
- Prescription medications only. Over-the-counter medications should be thrown in the trash (https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/where-and-how-dispose-unused-medicines).
- Please leave medication in its original containers. All containers are burned so your information is kept safe.
- No loose medications.
- Please bag all medication in original containers in a zip lock bag.
- NO SYRINGES Please! For information on safe needle disposal click here.
- We do not accept the following:
- Any Over-the-Counter Medications
- Pepto-Bismal or similar items
- Eye Drops
- Saline Solution
- EPI Pens
- Sun Tan Lotions