Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Advisory Commission
Advisory Commission Meeting Agenda - March 29, 2017
Parks & Recreation Trust Fund Special Meeting Notice - March 29, 2017
Advisory Commission Meeting Agenda - February, 22, 2017
Advisory Commission Meeting Agenda - January 18, 2017
For any questions, comments, or additions regarding the meeting, contact the Director of Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources by calling (919) 249-3344 no later than 4 p.m. the Wednesday preceding the regular meeting date.
- Last Wednesday each month, 7:00 p.m.
- Town Hall Council Chamber, 2nd Floor (73 Hunter Street)
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee serves in an advisory capacity to department staff and the Town Council, providing recommendations on parks and recreation issues in the Apex community. The commission also reviews and makes recommendations on public recreation requirements for proposed residential developments and provides input on long range plans related to parks and recreation.
The Apex Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Advisory Commission is composed of 8 members appointed by the Mayor and Town Council. Initial terms are 3 years, staggered beginning with the June meeting each year.
Current members are:
- Greg Coley, Chair
- James "Buzzy" Correll, Vice Chair
- Jeff Roach
- Tom Colwell
- Julia Epplin
- Michael Kanters
- Dick Moore
- Renee Pfeifer
If you're interested in serving on this Advisory Board, please complete the interest form. You will be contacted when a vacancy occurs.
- Unified Development Ordinance (PDF)
- Section 2.1.5
- Town Code of Ordinances
- Section 15-1: Parks and Recreation Commission - Created; Members
- Section 15-2: Parks and Recreation Commission - Meetings; Chair; Vice-Chair; Secretary
- Section 15-3: Parks and Recreation Commission - Attendance of Commissioners at Meetings
- Section 15-4: Parks and Recreation Commission - Duties; Powers