GoApex Route 1
GoApex Route 1 launched service in summer of 2022. GoApex Route 1 is free to the public, and provides hourly trips from 6 AM to 10 PM, Monday through Saturday except certain holidays. The Town has partnered with GoCary to provide the fixed route service and GoWake Access to provide the complementary ADA paratransit service, called GoApex Door to Door.
- GoApex Route 1 Ride Guide, Map, and Schedule: ( Brochure version) ( Simple text version)
- GoApex Ruta 1 Mapa de tránsito, horario y guía de viajes: ( Versión de folleto) ( Versión de texto simple)
Real-time Bus Arrival Information
Real-time Bus Arrival Information using TransLoc and Text GOLIVE is temporarily unavailable. See the related News Item for instructions on accessing real-time information.
If you're waiting at the bus stop, you can text GOLIVE and the bus stop ID to 41411 for real-time information. The Stop ID is found on the bus stop sign. For example, you would text GOLIVE 16045 to 41411 find out arrival times for Stop #16045.
Call for Info
The Regional Transit Information Center can help riders find their nearest stop and learn when the bus will arrive. Operated by GoTriangle, riders can call (919) 485-RIDE (7433) Monday-Sunday 6am - 9pm.
How to bring your bike on GoApex Route 1
- When loading or unloading, maintain as much eye contact with the driver as possible.
- Avoid kneeling or squatting out of the driver’s line of sight.
- Be sure to load and unload your bicycle toward the curb.
- When approaching and leaving the bus, be aware of the driver’s blind spots and avoid them. Areas behind the wheels on both sides of the bus are major blind spots. Should you approach the bus from these angles, you will be outside the range of the driver’s mirrors.
- Always make sure the driver sees you and recognizes that you are loading a bicycle before walking in front of the bus.
- Do not expose yourself to traffic when loading or unloading your bike. The bus is a major vision barrier for motorists.
- As a safety precaution, once you have disembarked and gained control of your bike, make sure that you wait for the bus to move completely away from the stop before mounting your bike.
- Wear a safety helmet when riding your bike. For children 16 years and younger, it’s the law.
- Children 12 years old and younger may use the rack, but only when accompanied by an adult (age 18 years or older).
- Bicycles are not allowed inside the bus unless both of the slots on the exterior bike rack are full. The driver may exercise discretion to determine if a bicycle is allowed inside the bus.
- The Town of Apex is not responsible for damages incurred or caused by or to bicycles on GoApex bike racks.