Connecting to Town Water and Sewer Service
The sequential steps required for any property owner that is interested in connecting to Town of Apex water and sewer are provided below. Please direct questions about this process to (919) 372-7478.
- Email the Water Resources Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-372-7478 to determine if water and/or sewer service are available at your location.
- In order to connect to Town services the property must be annexed into the Town. Contact the Planning Department at 919-249-3426 for assistance with the annexation process. The application fee for an Annexation Petition is $200.00. The annexation process must be completed and approved prior to advancing to Step 3.
- Apply for a plumbing permit at Inspections & Permitting located at Town Hall, 73 Hunter Street, Apex, NC. The associated plumbing permit fees are listed in the table titled Fees to Connect to Water/Sewer Service. Applicable fees will be emailed to the property owner and copied to the Inspections and Permitting Department by the Water Resources Program Coordinator when it is determined that service is available. All fees must be paid prior to the installation of any tap or water meter.
- Apply for a new account in the Finance Department located at Town Hall, 73 Hunter Street, Apex, NC. You may also apply online by completing the Residential Utilities Connect request form or for commercial customers the Industrial Commercial Application request form.
- Schedule the Water/Sewer tap inspection, if applicable, via ePermits or contact Inspections & Permitting at (919) 249-3418. This is an open trench inspection conducted by the Water Resources Infrastructure Inspections division. The Town will install water and sewer taps for residential customers with an existing home on the parcel. Residential customers who own an empty parcel and any commercial customers connecting to Town services are required to hire a private contractor to install the water and sewer taps.
- Schedule the Plumbing Water/Sewer Service inspection via ePermits or contact Inspections & Permitting at (919) 249-3418. This is an open trench inspection conducted by Inspections & Permitting.
|FEE DESCRIPTION||FEE AMOUNT|
|Plumbing Permit||$ 75|
|3/4-inch Water Meter||$ 215|
|Street Cut||$ 800|
|Street Bore||$ 550*|
|4-inch Sewer Tap||$1,450*|
|Water Capital Reimbursement Fee||$1,783*|
|Sewer Capital Reimbursement Fee||$3,675*|
Fees marked with an asterisk (*) may not be applicable. The water and sewer capital reimbursement fees noted above are for a 3/4-inch service. For customers requesting service larger than a 3/4-inch, please see pages 5 and 6 on the Town's Fee Schedule for applicable fees based on water meter size.
Water Meter Installation for New Service
Customers disconnecting from a well
A water meter will only be installed after the plumbing water/sewer service inspection has been conducted and passed, and the Inspector has confirmed that the home is disconnected from the well. The water meter will be installed on the same day a Plumbing Water/Sewer Service inspection is passed.
The water and sewer tap for new commercial customers must be installed by a private contractor. All commercial customers served by Town water are required to install an approved lead-free backflow assembly prior to the installation of the water meter. The backflow assembly must be tested within 10 days of the water meter install by a Town approved tester. Contact the Water Resources Program Coordinator at (919) 372-7478 to obtain more information on the type of backflow assembly that is required for your property.
If a water or sewer main was extended to serve the commercial property other requirements are required before the water meter will be installed.