Think Apex Day
Think Apex Day is a day dedicated to giving back in the Apex community! We can all “think Apex” daily by thinking of ways we can positively impact our community and those around us. Tell us how you Think Apex by posting on social media with #PeakProud
Did you miss out on our last Think Apex Day? Don’t sweat it! Think Apex Day falls on the last Saturday of April every year.
The official Think Apex Day, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020, has been tentatively scheduled for Saturday, September 12, 2020.
Please check back again soon for details.
However, you showed us how you Think Apex now during this unusual and challenging time by posting pictures or videos of goodwill and community strengthening stories.
Throughout April 2020, we showcased multiple #thinkapex stories. The video below provides a message from Think Apex creator, Mayor Pro Tem, Nicole Dozier.
Think Apex Day 2019 Highlights:
- 170 volunteers contributed 310 hours of community service
- 956 lbs of food and cleaning supplies donated to WWCM
- 1000 Comfort Kits assembled for the Red Cross
- 200 Kids Comfort Kits decorated for the Red Cross
- 93 hours spent at Kelly Road Park
Think Apex Day 2018 Highlights:
- 150 volunteers contributing 235 hours of community service
- 808 lbs of food and cleaning supplies donated to WWCM
- 75 care kits created for basic hygiene needs
- 40 paper flowers created by kids donated to Spring Arbor
- 76 hours spent painting Kelly Road Park playground
- Multiple loads of mulch and pine straw spread throughout Apex Community Park
Think Apex Day 2017 Highlights:
- 80 volunteers contributing 150 hours of community service
- 500 lbs of food and cleaning supplies donated to WWCM
- 40 hours spent collecting debris on Apex greenways
- 75 hours spent pruning Apex Nature Park trails
- Countless laughs heard while children created chalk art